AWE Club – Online English Literature IGCSE Information
Online English Literature IGCSE (ONE year course)
Teacher – Lindsey
Starts June 2022 for exam Summer 2023
ONE YEAR COURSE
Pearson Edexcel IGCSE in English Literature (4ET1)
Wednesday weekly 2 hours 9.30am to 11.30
This course is the most popular English exam course for Home Educators. Lindsey is an experienced teacher and has worked with many Home Educated students. She understands her students are all individuals and will endeavour to help them to get the best out of the course and aim for a successful outcome. She is used to students with anxiety and will gently encourage them and help to build their self-confidence. We are happy to accommodate children’s preferences around webcams and microphone being on or off or similar needs.
The books that will be studied on this course are:
- Of Mice and Men
- An Inspector Calls
- Starts June 2022
- All lessons will be online via Zoom
- Fee is £12 per hour. £24 per weekly lesson. Payable in advance per term/half term
- There will be two final exams in Summer 2023 dates to be advised
- Exams are optional and remain the parents responsibility to arrange and book. Please check the booking cut-off date with your chosen exam centre
- Please note that if your child requires any special access requirements for the exams I advise you to contact the exam centre a year before to check what the process is to meet your exam centre and the exam board requirements. It can take many months to make these arrangements
- Lindsey does not provide predicted grades or social services reports
- As an optional extra Lindsey will mark and give feedback on timed mock exam papers at an extra cost
- Homework will be set and marked. Please submit by email in plenty of time to Lindsey’s email address
- Lessons are recorded and available if students miss a lesson or require a re-cap
Qualification Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of this qualification are to enable students to:
- engage with and develop the ability to read, understand and respond to a wide range of literary texts from around the world
- develop an appreciation of the ways in which writers achieve their literary effects
- to develop the skills needed for literary study
- explore, through literature, the cultures of their own and other societies
- find enjoyment in reading literature and understand its influence on individuals and Societies
Textbooks required for this course:
1. Pearson Edexcel International GCSE (9-1) English Literature Student Book by Pam Taylor
2. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck- Penguin Classics -pub. 26.2.06.
3. An Inspector Calls and Other Plays – Penguin Modern Classics- pub.2001.
4. Macbeth: William Shakespeare.-Penguin Classics-pub. 27.8.15.